Monday, April 18, 2011

Back To Work !!!

Ok most of you guys know that the whole point of this blog was to get me back into the writing mode. With the encouragement of many and especially from one dear friend(that I truly do miss), I did get back into that mode. I was doing pretty good for a few weeks, but another opportunity presented itself, so the writing was put on hold. AGAIN.
I swear that if possible, a picture of me would be next to the word 'procrastinater' in the dictionary. I am the absolute worst at starting on something but never finishing it. Whether it's a story that I was writing, or an afghan I was crocheting, or researching for my genealogy project, I never quite follow through with completing it. I really need to stop this habit because if I don't, then I will never get anything accomplished.  But now that I have a little bit of normalcy back in my life, I intend to turn things around, starting with my book. It's pretty sad that I've been working on it for over 10 years now and no where close to having it finished . So to help get the creative juices flowing again, I restocked on pens, pencils and notebooks. I unpacked and dusted off all my research books and  binders and readied my new office. My dear wonderful husband even suggested that we may need to get a new computer as well since I have an outdated one.
My biggest challenge though will be putting my beloved Kindle away for a while. She is my biggest distraction of all but I have to do it if I want this bad enough. Except when the new Sookie Stackhouse and Chicagoland Vamp book's come out in a few weeks. A girl has priorities you know!

So I will go ahead and apologize in advance if I become a little boring over on the PURLS forum, but I won't disappear. This I promise. I'm setting at least a minimum of one hour a night to do nothing but write.  So starting tonight, closed up in my office with some music in the background, I intend to WRITE!!!

To be continued:

No comments:

Post a Comment